Thank you for your interest in our rental properties!
Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast has single-family homes available to rent in Harrison and Jackson counties.
Through our rental program, Habitat MS Gulf Coast provides families with safe, secure housing which helps build a better and more stable future for themselves, their families, and our community.
Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast does business in accordance with the Fair Housing Act and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Sex, Religion, National Origin, Age, Disability, Familial Status, or any other Protected Basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Household income must be at or below 120% of the Area Median Income for the area in which the unit is located. View the current income limits here.
- Must have sufficient, stable, and durable household income to sustain the monthly rent payment (generally gross monthly income must be at least (3) three times the monthly rent amount).
- Housing ratio must be at or below 33% of gross monthly income unless the applicant is receiving subsidized housing assistance.
- Sufficient positive payment history for housing and other credit items.
- Sufficient positive housing history.
- Any member of the household CANNOT be required to register as a sex offender in any jurisdiction.
- Any member of the household CANNOT have a felony conviction for one or more drug, violent, or sexual offenses.
Each occupant over the age of 18 must complete separate applications and pay a non-refundable $35 fee, per application. Application processing includes credit check, background check, eviction search, income verification, and landlord verifications. Processing may take up to (10) ten business days or more. All application information must be complete and verifiable.
To help ensure ALL of our residents understand our pet and animal-related policies, we use a third-party screening service and require EVERYONE to complete a profile. This process ensures we have a formalized pet and animal-related policy acknowledgments and more accurate records to create greater mutual accountability. Additional fees may apply.
What does an HFH rental look like?
Scroll through the images below to see what some of our rentals look like.