To be eligible to purchase a home from us, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Income limits apply. View the current income limits.
- You must live or work in Harrison, Jackson, or Stone County. Applicants who do not meet this criteria may still be considered if you can demonstrate that relocation to our service area would not negatively impact your ability to qualify for a mortgage.
- You cannot currently own a home.
- No member of the household must be required by any jurisdiction to register as a sex offender.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you can qualify for affordable mortgage financing.
While some people come to us ready to buy immediately, most people need a little time to work on debt, credit, savings, or other issues before they will be ready for such a major purchase as a home. In fact, most of our clients find they need anywhere from six to twelve months to get where they need to be.
If this sounds like you, the Homeownership Incubator program could be a great fit. It is a client-driven coaching and support program to help you through every step of that sometimes-daunting process. Our Specialists will work with you to assess your mortgage readiness, identify any barriers that may be standing in your way and help you develop an action plan to reach your goal of buying a home.
*Want to buy a house, but think it will take you more than twelve months to get ready for home purchase? Check out our Financial Foundations Program!