Benefits of buying a home from Habitat for Humanity MS Gulf Coast include:
- Individualized coaching and support to help you work through barriers to successful homeownership.
- Free group education opportunities to help you prepare for successful and sustainable homeownership.
- Help researching available resources including down payment assistance programs, closing help and affordable financing options.
- Fast-track referral to our Home Direct program when you are ready and eligible to purchase.
To be eligible to purchase a home from us, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Income limits apply. View the current income limits.
- You must live or work in Harrison, Jackson, or Stone County. Applicants who do not meet this criteria may still be considered if you can demonstrate that relocation to our service area would not negatively impact your ability to qualify for a mortgage.
- You cannot currently own a home.
- No member of the household must be required by any jurisdiction to register as a sex offender.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you can qualify for affordable mortgage financing.
Home Direct is a fast-track homeownership program designed for buyers who are ready to purchase a home within 90 days. Benefits of buying a home from Habitat MS Gulf Coast include:
- Help to find affordable mortgage financing
- In-house mortgage product available to eligible borrowers
- Help with closing costs often available
- Free homebuyer education classes
- Free one-on-one support and coaching