We are so glad you are interested in Volunteering with us!
Volunteers work on the jobsites Tuesdays through Saturdays from 8 am – 4 pm. Each site is led by a skilled construction supervisor. Supplies and all materials and safety equipment are provided on site.
We limit the number of volunteers on the jobsite to ensure proper supervision and adequate work. We can typically accommodate up to 10 volunteers on site; this strictly depends on the work available and the number of slots already reserved.
You’re never too old to volunteer!
We can accept volunteers that are at least 16 years old, however there are some stipulations involving minors (ages 16 and 17) looking to volunteer:
• Minors need to be accompanied by an adult that is 21 years of age or older
• Adult supervision is required at a ratio of 1 adult (21 or older) to 2 minors (16-17) on our construction sites.
• Minors must have a signed waiver from their parent/guardian. (The waiver can be found here. Completed waivers must be returned to the Volunteer Coordinator prior to the scheduled volunteer date.)
• 16 and 17 year olds are limited in the work they are allowed to do on construction sites.
“Limited work” for minors is defined as:
• Caulking and Painting
• Any manual work where “feet are on the ground”
• Other appropriate tasks assigned by the Construction Supervisor
16 and 17 year olds are NOT allowed to:
• Use power or electrical tools
• Engage in demolition work
• Use ladders or scaffolding
• Get on the roof
In order to work on our jobsite all volunteers must register and complete a waiver.
Our registration process varies depending on the situation. If you are wanting to bring a group we will set up a registration specifically for you and will need to know if you want to acquire housing through us.
We have several different categories of volunteers that allow us to build quality, affordable housing.
• Locals: any volunteer and or team from in or around our service area which includes our expansive military population
• Out-of-town: any volunteer or team that is traveling to our area, including colleges and church groups, or a like-minded group of individuals that want to come and lend a hand.
• Corporate and business: teams that can commit on one or many levels, which includes sponsoring a build, general fundraising and fund matching or bringing a group out for a team building experience
For those traveling from out of the area, we have a relationship with local housing facilities. Please check with the Volunteer Coordinator for availability. More information for out of town volunteers can be found here.
Additional questions or housing requests, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 228-678-9100.
We look forward to working with you!