While some people come to us ready to buy immediately, most people need a little time to work on debt, credit, savings or other issues before they will be ready for such a major purchase as a home. In fact, most of our clients find they need anywhere from six to twelve months to get where they need to be.
The Homeownership Incubator is a client-driven coaching and support program to help you through every step of that sometimes daunting process. Our Specialists will work with you to assess your mortgage readiness, identify any barriers that may be standing in your way and help you come up with an action plan to reach your goal of buying a home.
Benefits of getting ready for your home purchase through the Homeownership Incubator include:
- Individualized coaching and support to help you work through barriers to successful homeownership.
- Free group education opportunities to help you prepare for successful and sustainable homeownership.
- Help researching available resources including down payment assistance programs, closing help and affordable financing options.
- Fast-track referral to our Home Direct program when you are ready and eligible to purchase.
To be eligible for the Homeownership Incubator, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Income limits apply. View our current income limits.
- You must live or work in Harrison, Jackson or Stone County. Applicants who do not meet this criteria may still be considered if you can demonstrate that relocation to our service area would not negatively impact your ability to qualify for a mortgage.
- You must be willing to do the work necessary to eliminate barriers to mortgage readiness within twelve months.*
*Want to buy a house, but think it will take you more than a year to get ready for home purchase? Check out our Financial Foundations Program!