Director of Client Services – Habitat for Humanity of the MS Gulf Coast
Resumes accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2214 – 34th Street, Gulfport, MS 39501. Cover letter along with three business references with contact information should be included. The deadline to apply is November 7, 2019, but the position may be filled prior to the deadline.
Primary Role: Under the supervision of the Executive Director (E.D.) the Director of Client Services (Director) is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast (HFHMGC) Client Services (CS) programs and activities. This includes direct supervision of Client Services Specialists and other team members as appropriate. The Director is responsible for ensuring that all CS activities are carried out in accordance with affiliate policies, applicable laws and regulations, and in service to the HFHMGC mission. In collaboration with the organization leadership, the Director is also responsible for identifying and implementing opportunities for program development. The Director will take the lead in community outreach, educating key partners on our programs and services, identifying opportunities for new partnerships, and coordinating with other departments to ensure smooth and efficient service delivery in all programs.
Direct supervision of CS Specialists and other team members as appropriate
- The Director is primarily responsible for ensuring the best use of the time and talents of his/her direct reports on a day to day basis. The Director will manage scheduling for CS team members to ensure proper coverage during office hours and special events, monitor attendance, manage leave requests for direct reports, and otherwise manage work assignments.
- The Director is also primarily responsible for monitoring overall performance of his/her direct reports. The Director will conduct periodic performance reviews of direct reports in accordance with affiliate policies. In partnership with the E.D., the Director will also work with CS team members to identify and implement opportunities for professional development and promotion of performance improvement.
Oversight and management of day to day activities of the CS Department, including but not limited to eligibility screening, financial coaching, education offerings, mortgage servicing, residential mortgage lending, and future programs as appropriate.
- Ensure all activities occur in accordance with existing affiliate policies and procedures. Periodically review policies and procedures and make recommendations for changes as needed. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensure proper reporting.
- Assess effectiveness of programs and activities and make recommendations to E.D. and Leadership regarding opportunities or needs for improvement.
- Direct delivery of group education and individual coaching as needed.
- The Director, currently oversees all aspects of loan origination and processing, including performing origination and processing as well as managing the origination and processing activities of other CS team members. The Director ensures that all lending activity is done in compliance with affiliate policy and applicable laws and regulations. The Director is responsible for ensuring all team members involved in the lending process are properly trained, performs necessary quality control practices, and ensures proper data tracking and reporting.
- Coordinate with appropriate members of other departments as needed to ensure efficient delivery of programs and services.
Development of programs as needed to serve the mission.
- The Director plays a key role in the creation, design and implementation of new programs and services as needed. The Director will collaborate with Leadership and other departments to improve existing programs and identify opportunities for new programs.
Serve as a resource to CS Team, other affiliate staff, and other constituents in relevant CS topics.
- The Director should cultivate a deep familiarity with all subjects pertinent to the efficient running of CS programs and services and be available as a subject matter expert to CS team members, affiliate staff, and others as appropriate. The Director should stay abreast of developments in affordable housing, applicable laws and regulations, and other best practices, and ensure that CS staff are trained appropriately and that such developments are incorporated into affiliate work as appropriate.
Community Outreach and Education
- The Director serves as the primary liaison between the CS department and the Community Relations department in matters of promoting affiliate programs and educating community stakeholders about programs and services.
- The Director also conducts outreach to community partners and stakeholders to increase awareness and understanding of HFHMGC program offerings, to understand community needs, and to identify opportunities for new partnerships.
- The Director is also responsible for management and oversight of CS related material on the HFHMGC website and social media, ensuring information is up to date, accurate and relevant for the intended audiences.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Required to maintain an active Mortgage Loan Originator license from the State of MS Department of Banking and Consumer Finance.
- Experience working with members of HFHMGC target markets.
Employment Status: Full Time salaried position at 40 hours + per week, including some evenings and weekends.
Salary: Competitive pay and benefits package. Compensation is dependent on experience.