Name: Melissa Bodisch
1.What is your past involvement with Habitat for Humanity? Have you volunteered? When? Where? Have you been a donor?
I am currently an employee. I have volunteered for Women Build (HFHMGC – 2012, 2013 & 2017) and Build-A-Thon in Wisconsin (2014).
2. On any other Saturday, what would you be doing? Tell us a little about your normal Saturday activities. Shopping? Yard work? Activities with your children? Boating? Golfing?
Sleeping in lol. I LOVE my sleep! I also enjoy hanging out with my son whether it’s going to the movies or shopping at the mall.
3. Have you engaged in adventurous activities in the past? What activities, when and where? Rappelling? Skydiving? Mountain or rock climbing? Zip lining? Mountain biking? Snow skiing or boarding?
This is my first adventure doing anything like this. No experience needed, RIGHT?!?!
4. Who are your supporters & cheering section? Who encouraged you to participate in Hang Out with Habitat? Who are they? Family members? Children? Co-workers? Neighbors?
Mother – Lillian; Brother – Brian; Son – Nathaniel. Shout out to my co-worker, Tomesha, for supporting my craziness!
5. Why did you want to participate in this event? What drove you to rappel?
Being that this will be my first time rappelling, not only can I check this adventure off my bucket list, but I have also been able to raise money in support of HFHMGC’s mission.
6. If you had a super power, what would you want it to be and why?
Time Travel – I would love to meet my ancestors!
7. Are there other adventures you want to pursue? Is this on your bucket list? What other things are on your list?
Skydiving, zip lining, going a cruise, and visiting Italy.
8. Where do you work? What do you do? If retired, what did you do?
HFHMGC – Office Manager/AmeriCorps Host Site Manager; Marshalls – Sales Associate
9. What are your hobbies and activities outside of work?
Shopping, watching The Walking Dead and Netflix, and spending time with family.