1. What is your past involvement with Habitat for Humanity?
This is my first time volunteering to help with HfH.
2. On any other Saturday, what would you be doing? Tell us a little about your normal Saturday activities.
I would be kayaking, doing yard work, spending time with family or friends.
3. Have you engaged in adventurous activities in the past? What activities, when and where?
Yes, scuba diving (1995-1999 – Italy and Carribbean), hiking (all my life in the Adirondacks, Smokies and one week in the Grand Canyon), zip lining (Summer 2012/13 in Adirondack Mountains in NY state, Carribbean 2014), skiing (all my life water and snow), mountain biking (1995-1999 Italy and Mississippi), kayaking (2011-current), tent camping (all my life)
4. Who are your supporters & cheering section? Who encouraged you to participate in Hang Out with Habitat? Who are they? ?
Family members, co-workers, neighbors and friends
5. Why did you want to participate in this event? What drove you to rappel?
I love outdoor adventure activities. The information was passed along by one of our Council members and I thought it would be a good opportunity to raise some money for a good cause.
6. If you had a super power, what would you want it to be and why?
Fly, so I can see the world from a birds eye view.
7. Are there other adventures you want to pursue? Is this on your bucket list? What other things are on your list?
Visit more national parks, road trip around the US, see the Great Wall in China, hike at least a section of the Appalachian Trail, travel mostly.
8. Where do you work? What do you do? If retired, what did you do?
City of Pascagoula, Parks and Recreation Director.
9. What are your hobbies and activities outside of work?
Kayaking, camping, traveling