Position: ReStore Sales Associate at Habitat for Humanity of the MS Gulf Coast (HFHMGC)
Resumes accepted by email to ReStore Manager Wes Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2214 – 34th Street, Gulfport, MS 39501, attention Wes Griffin. Cover letter along with three references with contact information should be included. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will be open until filled.
Primary Role: ReStore customers shop at the Habitat ReStore for lots of reasons: super low prices, the chance to “treasure hunt”, opportunities for DIY projects, and our always-changing inventory of furniture, appliances and building materials. But most of all, they shop with us because we provide stellar customer service that reflects our mission mindset.
As the ReStore Sales Associate, you will be a key player on our growing team, enhancing the customers’ experience with attention to sales floor needs, answers to product inquiries and the patient, personal assistance that helps shoppers feel confident making major purchases for their homes.
• Greet and assist customers with a friendly, helpful attitude
• Set and merchandise the sales floor in a clean, safe and organized manner
• Train and supervise volunteers to support your objectives
• Complete transactions through point of sale system and help supervise cash wrap area
• Run end of day cash drawer counts and other sales reports
• Answer phone calls, giving clear and friendly feedback to customers who have questions or comments about the ReStore or HFHMGC in general
• Other duties as needed to support the ReStore sales team
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
• Commitment to affordable housing and HFHMGC’s mission, vision and values
• Ability to connect with customers by way of great interpersonal skills and a service mindset
• Ability to build positive working relations with coworkers and volunteers
• Ability to multitask and maintain composure in a fast-paced work environment
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• At least 1 year of retail experience preferred.
• Knowledge of furniture, appliances, and building materials a plus.
Employment Status: Part-Time, hourly position starting at 24 hours per week. Potential for growth.
Compensation range: $10.00 – $12.00 per hour