By Kenya Miniard
A Veteran Resource Workshop will be held on Monday, April 8, 2013 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Harrison County Veterans Service Office, and Riemann Family Funeral Home have joined together to organize this event to be held at the D’Iberville Civic Center, 10395 Auto Mall Parkway in D’Iberville.
This is a free event for veterans, current military service members and their families to gather information from community organizations and what services in the community to benefit them. Door prizes will be awarded and light refreshments will be served.
Participants will hear presentations on veteran centered topics such as applying for VA benefits, housing options and retirement planning. Participants will also have the opportunity to meet with and gather information from the organizations.
The following organizations have confirmed their participation –
- Office of Congressman Steven Palazzo
- Armed Forces Retirement Home
- Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Veterans Outreach Center
- Combat Wounded Veterans of South Miss.
- American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- Veterans of Foreign War
- Humana Insurance
- Page, Mannino, Peresich & McDermott, PLLC
- Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Harrison County Veterans Service Office
- Riemann Family Funeral Homes
Anyone interested in attending this Free Veteran Resource Workshop should contact Kenya Miniard, Veterans Outreach Specialist with Habitat for Humanity, at 228-678-9100 ext. 1009 or by email at email@example.com.
Registration is required.
See attached flyer for more information.