- What is your past involvement with Habitat for Humanity? Have you volunteered? When? Where?
My experience with Habitat began as a United Way volunteer conducting agency reviews, and that was 30 years ago. I began volunteering after Katrina when MS Power & Southern Company supported them during the Carter Build. I worked on a home in Pascagoula with MS Community Connection. After Adele went to work for Habitat I got more engaged working on three Women Build projects: two in Biloxi and one in Ocean Springs. Additionally, I participated in “Over the Edge” as chair of the committee in 2015, as part of the committee in 2016 and rappelling both years.Have you been a donor? Yep! Time, talent & money!!
- On any other Saturday, what would you be doing? Tell us a little about your normal Saturday activities. Shopping? Yard work? Activities with your children? Boating? Golfing?
Yard work, house cleaning, visiting with family and friends or just relaxing. Since I am retired, EVERY DAY IS SATURDAY!!
- Have you engaged in adventurous activities in the past? What activities, when and where? Rappelling? Skydiving? Mountain or rock climbing? Zip lining? Mountain biking? Snow skiing or boarding?
I served in the MS Army National Guard for 28 years and experienced some adventures there, including rappelling and zip lining. Other than the military, the usual hiking, snow skiing and traveling overseas, adventures are limited.
- Who are your supporters & cheering today? Who encouraged you to go OVER THE EDGE? Who are they? Family members? Children? Co-workers? Neighbors?
My husband, Mark, assisted on the 32nd floor communicating with the announcers in 2015 and 2016. Friends, fellow Edgers and others who are rappelling from MS Power, my former employer.
- Why did you want to participate in this event? It was something new, different and fun! What drove you to rappel? I usually don’t say “No” to Adele…she doesn’t ask me to do things that aren’t good for me AND the community!!
- If you had a super power, what would you want it to be and why? I would love to experience time travel and visit different centuries. To see what our country was like when it was unspoiled and new territory would be exhilarating and educational. Those travels would also include visits to my ancestors…how exciting would that be!
- Are there other adventures you want to pursue? Is this on your bucket list? What other things are on your list?
I don’t really have a bucket list. Just want to enjoy retirement with my husband, family and friends, travel when we take a notion to do so and enjoy life!
- Where do you work? What do you do? If retired, what did you do? I retired from MS Power in 2014 and retired from the MS Army National Guard in 2005 after 28 years. I managed the foundations for MS Power and also Community Connection, the company’s organization for volunteer service.
- What are your hobbies and activities outside of work?
Working for free for organizations that I care about.