HFHMGC is now accepting resumes for a Resource Development Specialist position. Resumes will be accepted through the close of business day on Friday, November 22nd, 2019. Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three business references with contact information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2214 – 34th Street, Gulfport, MS 39501. Resumes will be accepted through the close of business day on Friday, November 22nd, 2019.
Description: Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast is seeking a fundraising professional to cultivate and steward donor relationships on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. The position is primarily responsible for building a rapport and maintaining communication with current donors; soliciting gifts on behalf of Habitat Mississippi Gulf Coast; and managing a portfolio of donors and prospective donors. Under the supervision of the Director of Resource Development, the Resource Development Specialist will work with members of the Resource Development Department to develop fundraising goals and strategies. The position will assist with the execution of the annual development plan to support meeting the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Identify potential donors and work with prospects to move them through the donor solicitation cycle from identification through the donor solifitation cycle from identification through stewardship.
- Maintain communication with those in donor portfolio including providing project updates and donor recognition.
- Identify opportunities to network with donors and prospects and engage members of Board of Directors and staff as necessary.
- Collaborate with Resource Development team to determine annual fundraising goals.
- Analyze donor potential based on constituent’s giving history, RFM (recency, frequency and monetary) and LAI (linkage, ability and interest).
- Leverage donor relationships for involvement in Habitat Mississippi Gulf Coast’s fundraising events.
- Utilize the donor management system to record gifts and interactions and provide reports as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of annual appeal.
- With guidance from the Director of Resource Development, create appropriate marketing materials and collateral to support donor relations and and solicitations.
- Provide support to Leadership Team and Board of Directors, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Marketing, Public Relations or other related field; and/or a minimum of 5 years proven track record in Other related or relevant experiences (i.e. sales, marketing) may be considered to satisfy minimum.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Proficiency in use of CRM databases (Salesforce) a plus.
- Self-motivated individual with an eagerness to work with a high performing team.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, keen attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours (evenings and weekends) as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to meetings, events and various functions as required.
- Standing, traversing, extended periods of sitting and willingness to travel.
- Commitment to affordable housing and Habitat Mississippi Gulf Coast’s mission, vision and values.
Employment Status: Full Time salaried position at 40 hours + per week, including some evenings and weekends.
Salary: Competitive pay and benefits package. Compensation is dependent on experience.
Applicant must be willing to be subject to random drug testing, driving and background checks, as well as signing a code of conduct agreement and conflict of interest statement.